Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's new you ask?

So, what's pissing me off today? Health care. I completely agree with certain folks that our health care system needs an overhaul. What absolutely terrifies me is our government effectively taking over health care and trying to tell us what is best for us. They have done so well with the social security system that I just can't believe that anyone thinks they can handle anything else. God help us.

Now, let's talk cats. I know that there are folks out there that say that their cats play with them, chase balls, etc. My thoughts on this are:
Since most pets do not have any type of income, they are not eligible for food stamps, public aid, etc.; we have to buy their food, groom them, take them to the vet, when I throw a ball or call their name, they better come a running to me. I have never had a dog that wouldn't do this. I also have never owned a cat, but I strongly doubt that the majority of cats would even lift their little heads and pay any attention to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it, and guess what, I know everything.

So, this brings us back to the health care issue. Why aren't our elected officials trying to do anything about pet insurance companies? We actually bought pet insurance for our dogs when they were pups. What an absolute waste of money. The policy cost us about 400 bucks for a year. Whenever we would submit a claim, for what we thought were covered items, and we were informed that the policy did not cover this. WTF? We would read the policy, find what the vet did, see that they covered the procedure, submit, get denied, try again, deny, well, you get the picture. Out of our 400 bucks, we were reimbursed for about 3 bucks. They had more excuses than Pelosi has had Botox. Complete waste of money.

So lets demand that Congress do something about this. Call your local Congress person, demand that they include a rider in the health care bill to stop the evil pet insurance companies, maybe tell them you hate cats, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. However, I and I alone reserve the right to edit or delete any posts which are offensive.